Sunday 22 March 2009

Poor Bonnie.

I don't think she's enjoying her box rest immensely, but she's seeming a cheery pony regardless.

I took her for the first of her 'walking in a straight line' hacks for half an hour or so yesterday. She was as well behaved as I can really expect her to be, having been stuck in a stable for nearly a week. I just wish there was some way for me to make her understand that, despite the fact she is buted up, her hocks are still sore and could really do without her trying to jog off, or leaping up in the air as she crosses the little bridge.

I'd forgotten how dull handgrazing can be. :) I let her mooch about and eat the verges for nearly an hour yesterday, and 40 minutes or so today as I had to dash off to work. And I think I've still got a way to go I think with perfecting my bandaging technique... ah well, I suppose I'll be getting lots of practice!

No comments: