Saturday 25 October 2008

More hacking... and scabby Bonnie! :(

Took the Bonnie for another hack today, seeing as I couldn't be bothered to school. :P

I think she enjoyed herself, she had a proper loony moment the first canter we had. She started off quite slow, then stuck her head down and had a mini-buck fest before zooming off, eheh. I think she was hyper-ified by the wind, it was actually proper windy. My eyes were streaming when I finally managed to get her to stop.

Oh, and she was traumatised by a wheelbarrow by the side of the road walking home. She had to scuttle past at top speed, dragging me through the hedge in her effort to be as far away from the scary metal thing as possible. Mares. :)

When we got back, I noticed she seems to be developing a wee bit of mud fever on one of her forefeet when I was hosing the mud off her legs. I feel a bit bad, I probably would've noticed it sooner if I wasn't so lazy and left her overreach boots on all the time. :/ Ah well, I suppose no harm done, I gave the scabby bits a proper clean and put lots of Sudacream on it.

I'm toying with the idea of longreining her tomorrow for a laugh. If not I might do another random dressage test, we shall seeee!

No comments: