Sunday 5 October 2008

Ware XC

Well, today was good, but very very wet! :) Got to the Ware showground about 9.45, and it pretty much rained continuously the 3 hours we were there.

But! We did well! In the pairs (which Bonzo and I did with Annabel and Mayfly) we were one of only 3 clear rounds (out of like 7 pairs, but SHH! :D), and came joint 2nd. We were about 30 seconds faster than the optimum time though, we were having some issues with brakes!

Then we had the individuals. Both Annabel and I went clear, but we were both much faster than the optimum time again. I came 6th, and got a lovely pink rosette, and Annabel came 7th because she was about 0.4 of a second faster than me. :)

All in all, I was very proud of my beastie! She only backed off one of the fences (it was uber scary, it had a HOLE in the middle of it!), and even then it was nothing major. Looking back at the video you can just see her wiggling a bit on the approach. Doing these small heights a couple of times has definitely boosted her confidence, she's actually starting to take me to the fences instead of relying on me for back up all the time. Having good old Mayfly to follow in the pairs has been beneficial too.

So that is that! I'll be giving Bonnie tomorrow off to recover, then it's time to start practicing for Le Trec on the 26th!

No comments: